HTML Title Tag <title> is used to define the title of the HTML webpage or resource.
The Title Tag <title> is a mandatory tag and is required in all HTML resources or WebPages.
The Title HTML Tag is used to:
- Define the title of an HTML webpage or resource in the toolbar.
- Once the HTML resource or webpage is bookmarked the title is provided for the resource.
- The title of an HTML page is used while displaying results on a search engine and hence the HTML title tag is used in Search Engine Optimization.
Title Tag <title> is a closed tag and needs to be closed using closing Title tag </title>
Syntax of HTML Title Tag
<title> Title of the page goes here.. </title>
Example of HTML Title Tag
|HTML Title Tag Code||Output|
<title> HTML Title Tag Page </title> <p> This webpage deals with HTML Title Tag </p>
|HTML Title Tag Page.
This webpage deals with HTML Title Tag
In the above Title HTML Tag example we have given the title of the webpage as “HTML Title Tag Page” and this will be rendered at the browser’s tab or window (not for this page) and also will be shown in the search results in various search engines.
HTML 5 Title Tag supports all HTML Global Attributes and HTML Event Attributes.
HTML Title Tag Supporting Browsers
Important points about HTML Title Tag:
- There can be only one title tag in any HTML webpage or resource.
- If there is no title tag in HTML webpage or resource then that HTML resource will not be a valid HTML resource.